[PROXYPER] 443b linux won't speak with sunos5.6 406, still.

Andrew Donkin ard at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Jun 2 15:43:22 EDT 1999

"Eivind Bengtsson" <eivind at bengtsson.dk> writes:

> We can eliminate the possibilities..
> It has AFAIK nothing to do whith your proxy...
> the client tells that it doesn't have networking possibilities...
> it wont be able to fetch or flush.

> Have you tried to ping other machines from your linux-box??
> have you closed the 2064 port for communication og the linux-box??
> please give more information on the linux-box...

My apologies, I skipped many of the details because I had already posted
them on May 24, when I found the same problem with client 442.  I was
disappointed to find that it wasn't fixed in 443 or 443b.

The client machine is fine.  Client 432 is working on it as expected;
it's just the 442+ clients that fail to communicate.

Also, the Solaris proxy reports the following when the Linux 442 and 443b
client attempts to fetch and flush:

	Client: Accepted connection with x.x.x.x
	Client: x.x.x.x is requesting server status
	Client x.x.x.x has ended communications.
	Client: Closing client connection with x.x.x.x

So the client is connecting, having a h*ll of a problem, then giving up.

The client is running Slackware 3.6, 2.2.7, libc 5.4.46 with 2.0.7
runtime.  It is also proxying 50k keys/day through a 304 proxy.  Good
networking.

The test proxy was running SunOS 5.6.

Andrew Donkin                                           Technical Support
School of Computing and Maths, Waikato University, Hamilton,  New Zealand
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net