[PROXYPER] Linux 442 client won't speak with Solaris 306 proxy, 432 will.

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Jun 2 17:03:49 EDT 1999

On 24 May 1999, Andrew Donkin wrote:

> Linux 442 client won't speak with Solaris 306 proxy, 432 will.  This may
> be a reported bug, but hopefully there is useful information for you
> here.

Yep, we found the problem. It's fixed in the source, await a new
solaris proxy any time now (as in, probably this week :)

> I hope you can correct this problem, since I'd like to upgrade the
> clients because of their better logging and large block sizes, and the
> proxy because of its duplicate checking (I'm submitting dupes, it
> seems).

Yes, i found a little bug in there too. I said on this list that
dupechecking can be turned off with "checkduplicates=0" in the
contestsection of the ini. Well, this does not work, or better, works
so good, that, when disabled, it wont count ANY blocks anymore! So
don't use it until the next version!

Ivo

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net