[PROXYPER] Lurk and lurkonly modes under Win2000

Hermann Roth hr990086 at mail.uni-greifswald.de
Sun Jun 6 22:04:38 EDT 1999

Hallo Nicholas!

Am  6 Jun 99 hast Du folgendes geschrieben:

> I'm running the Win32 Personal Proxy build 306 under Windows 2000 (NT 5.0)
> beta 3, build 2031. I prefer to run the proxy in hidden mode, i.e. as the NT
> service. I have the dial-up access to the Internet. The problem I found is
> that the Personal Proxy doesn't seem to detect the Internet connection
> correctly. After establishing the connection the PProxy (running in lurkonly
> mode) simply does nothing.

This is exactly what I have experienced here, Proxyper 306, Win95
4.00.950a. Additionally, i have the distributed.net client running on
the same machine in 'lurkonly', which detects the connection without
problems.
--
Hermann Roth (aka H-Man)
**pgp-public key available (request, keyserver, homepage)**
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net