[PROXYPER] proxyper-304-os2-x86.zip: no .ini file

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Fri Jun 11 08:27:32 EDT 1999

Ivo Janssen wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> > > errr... there's not supposed to be an INI in the file... you create it
> > > when you config the client...
> >
> > I am not talking about a client. The subject says 'proxyper'. To my
> > knowlegde the proxy code does not contain interactive configuration code
> > and without an .ini file it does not even start.
>
> Indeed.

to be sure... it's not very often that i make a goof like that...

> But all ini files are compatible, so you can use one from a different
> OS. You do want to make sure it's the same version, because sometimes
> there are some options added/removed from version to version. (see
> the latest README for that)

this is true... FWIW: as i recall, i manually created my ini based on
the info in the readme files...

oh yes, isn't there something this list can do about these "out of
office" autoresponders??? i don't write to anyone except the lists...
those things are pretty annoying, to say the least...

--
          _o    Bike       o_          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
       -- <,_   Collider  _,>  --      mailto:wkitty42 at alltel.net
     --  _>(_)  Project  (_)<_  --     ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
    --  (_)                 (_)  --    http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
                                       telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net