[PROXYPER] Bug? Dupe source

Mike Morrow serverguy at vallejonet.net
Tue Mar 2 14:54:18 EST 1999

I did not used to.  I have seen that in the log from 2.80.

At 03:13 PM 3/2/99, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:36:40 +0000 (GMT), David Taylor wrote:
>>> [Mar 02 13:27:26 UTC] Flush::Bad packet acknowledgement.
>>
>>THERE Is the problem.  The client receives a bad packet ack. That could
>>be because the server was at maxkeysdone, and was trying to connect to a
>>server, but I'm not sure. If this is the case, the proxy should
>>still accept blocks over maxkeysdone, otherwise its a bit stupid.
>>
>>Then it does another block.
>>Connects to the server, and flushes the (same) blocks (plus the new one)
>
>I find that the proxy doesn't accept blocks while it is talking to a
>full proxy.
>
>Most of my clients on a fast lan connection don't have a problem
>because they can send all there blocks in quickly, before the next
>workperiod when the proxy will try to flush the blocks.
>
>However my clients on a slow connection will flush blocks slowly, and
>the workperiod will come while the client is still in the middle of
>flushing.  When the work period comes the proxy will start connecting
>to a full proxy, and the client will get 'Flush::Bad packet
>acknowledgement.'
>
>This causes it to submit dupes the next time round.
>Surely the proxy could be improved so that it doesn't ignore the
>clients it is talking to when it needs to talk to a full proxy.
>
>-dan
>

>--

Mike Morrow

    _/_/    _/_/    _/   _/  _/    _/_/_/_/    From the computer room of:
   _/ _/  _/ _/    _/   _/ _/     _/          Mike/W5MDM (was AB6NN)
  _/  _/_/  _/    _/   _/_/      _/_/_/      ServerGuy at VallejoNet.Net
 _/   _/   _/    _/   _/  _/    _/          at 38°04'43.7"N, 122°.12'.20.5"W
_/        _/    _/   _/    _/  _/_/_/_/_/  310 feet elevation
AOL/IM: W5MDM -- ICQ: 5056515  Homepage: http://www.micratek.com
I think I will get naked, stand on the corner and see if anything
interesting happens.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net