[PROXYPER] Flushing blocks

The Mighty Mike Master melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 16 18:50:31 EST 1999

Hi,
	I'm trying to run a personal proxy on my Linux box. I must say,
the proxy isn't quite as friendly as the client. Anyway, as far as I can
tell, the proxy is fetching blocks from a server and exchanging them with
the machines inside the network. But I really don't think the blocks are
getting flushed. Is the pprc5out.rc5 file supposed to keep growing while
the pprc5in.rc5 stays at a relatively sane size? For example:

-rw-rw-r--   1 melanson melanson      572 Mar 16 18:19 pprc5in.rc5
-rw-rw-r--   1 melanson melanson    53376 Mar 16 18:09 pprc5out.rc5

It's on a dialup connection, so the proxy is running in offline mode. I
issue the 'kill -ALRM <pid>' command, per the instructions. Like I said,
it appears that blocks get fetched but not flushed. It seems that the log
files are too bloated and blathering to actually be useful.
	Any clues? Thanks...
	-Mike M.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net