[PROXYPER] Ver 304 vs Ver 280

Mark Hartley markh at delos.kcr.uky.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:26:57 EST 1999

Hello there.  I have been running a version 280 proxy on a Solaris
2.6 sparc platform for quite a while.  I waited to update to the 30x
series until it was deemed stable, as I cannot afford to have
problems with the machine it is running on.  My question is whether
the 304 proxy is stable, and also what benefits it will offer me to
update to that version.  I had heard that the older proxies wouldn't
allow new clients to connect, but I have numerous Win32 2.7105
clients, and a few Win32 2.7106 clients, as well as some other older
versions that all seem pleased to connect to the 280 proxy.  Is there
something I am missing here?

I am checking my stats according to the stats server and it seems
fairly consistent with the stats from my proxy logs.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net