[PROXYPER] Re: your mail

Jack Cummings sauron at angband.ee.ualberta.ca
Wed May 5 12:47:28 EDT 1999

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 12:15:18PM -0400, Hutchinson, Joshua N wrote:

> I've got a particular problem.  Where I work, I have a large group of
> computers running the RC5 client and communicating with a personal proxy on
> my machine.  The problem is, that this group of computers regularly runs
> through 10,000 work units in a night and starts running random before I can
> get there in the morning and flush them out.  I have no easy way of
> automating the flush overnight.  Is there any way to up the maximum work
> unit buffers to something like 25-30 thousand units?

The standard trick is to use 3-4 proxies, cascaded.

--Jack

Never use "etc." -- it makes people think there is more where there is not
or that there is not space to list it all, etc.
====-=-==== Jack (John) Cummings == cummings at nyquist.ee.ualberta.ca ====-=-====
========== for pgp public key --- finger the above address, and pray ==========

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net