[PROXYPER] Windows personal proxy

Mark Bakker M.Bakker at fab.hvu.nl
Sun May 16 23:17:53 EDT 1999

Hi

> All-
>
> I have been having a problem with Windows crashing (no, that's just part of
> life, the problem comes next), and when I bring it back up, I have to run

;) new problem ;)

> the proxy with the -unlock option.  This causes the in and out buffers to
> be reset.  Is this normal?  Is there anything that can be done to stop

That's normal when the system brings the proxy nice down. The
proxy locks the buffers.

Make a BAT file for starting the proxy and begin first thing to
unlock the bufferfiles !

> this?  I plan on setting up the proxy on a Linux box as soon as I get the
> modem serving and diald working right, but in the meantime it would be nice
> not to lose the work.  Any ideas?

Running the proxy on a Linux box is muth better, I've my proxy
(rc5proxy.hvu.nl) running over 20 days .... I only bring the proxy
down for a upgrade ;)

> -JEV
> John Erjavec V

Cu,
  Mark Bakker
  System Manager HvU

#------------------------------------------------------------------#
|E-Mail: M.Bakker at fab.hvu.nl      |E-MAIL: stuur at mij.dit.nu        |
|A-Mail: Hogeschool van Utrecht   |A-MAIL: prive                   |
|Naam  : M.J.J. Bakker            |Naam  : Mark Bakker             |
|      : Postbus 85029            |                                |
|      : 3508 AA  Utrecht         |      :                         |
|Bezoek: Padualaan 101            |      : Pr.W.Alexanderlaan 15   |
|      : 3584 CH Utrecht          |      : 3972 AP Driebergen      |
|      : Nederland                |      : Nederland               |
|Tel   : +31-(0)30-2586600        |Tel   : +31-(0)343-520299       |
|Fax   : +31-(0)30-2586699        |Fax   : +31-(0)30-2586699       |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net