[PROXYPER] Proxy error?

Andreas Kahari andreas at tdb.uu.se
Tue May 18 09:39:09 EDT 1999

I have almost the same problem, but I'm running the Linux d.net client
(v2.7110.442, x86, elf, mt, glibc2) and I'm trying to connect to a
pproxy (306) running on a Solaris machine.

All I get in the pproxy console is

05/17/99 17:43:54,Client: Accepted connection with x.x.x.x
05/17/99 17:43:55,Client: x.x.x.x is requesting server status
05/17/99 17:43:55,Client x.x.x.x has ended communications.
05/17/99 17:43:55,Client: Closing client connection with x.x.x.x

(where "x.x.x.x.x" is the correct IP of my Linux box). At exactly this
point, my pproxy had 1237 blocks to serve.

At the client side, I get no error, but if I do a "-update" or
"-flush" or similar thing I get some text saying "Network services are
not available or not supported.".

I've tried specifying the full name of my pproxy, the IP of my pproxy,
the port 2064, no port (0, the default), the test port (3064), but
nothing seems to work. There's no firewall, nothing. As far as I know,
anyone may use it (no "allowdip" or "ignoredip"). No HTTP, SOCKS
(xcept for my own, which are smelly) or anything.

The pproxy serves about 40 Solaris clients (v2.7103.427) and that
works fine. I updated the proxy yesterday and I didn't have to change
anything in the client config to get it to work.

Anyone?

/A

On May 18 (Tuesday) 1999, at 00:49:12 +0200, Otto Bruggeman wrote:

[...]
> >JH> I'm running the latest RC5 client on a number of (Microsoft)
> >networked
> >JH> PC's. I however only have internet access on one PC, which has the
> >Proxy
> >JH> loaded as a service. The networked clients seem to upload fine, but
> >I've
> >JH> noticed a 'Fetch::Bad request acknowledged' message popping up in
> >the
> >JH> proxy window when I 'Flush and Fetch'.
> >
> >>You've configured the clients to fetch from your local proxy??
> >Yup, or fetch via the proxy ...
> >
> >>Set the proxy's IP and port no. in the configuration??
> >Yup.
> >
> >>Also, it might be an idea to check the 'Never fallback' checkbox,
> >>since your clients won't be able to contact the d.net proxies anyhow.
> >Checked now ..
> >
> >>and are u 100% sure the proxy is running?? It won't work as a service
> >>on a Win9x box (at least not the 280 proxies, gave up on the early 30x
> >>ones because it crashed to much),
> >Yup, its on NT4(sp4).
> >
> >>and on Win NT you must either
> >>manually start the service after installing or reboot the machine.
> >Yup, did this too ....
[...]
> If the client can't fetch blocks, then the proxy probably has no blocks to
> give...
> Just my two cents...
[...]

 Andreas Kähäri      ) CONCORDE:
 Info. Tech.         (   It goes twice as fast as a bullet and
 Dept. of Sci. Comp. )   you get smoked salmon.
 Uppsala University  ( -- T. Pratchett, Wings
 Sweden              )
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net