[PROXYPER] PProxy taking 15% CPU time

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed May 19 15:11:42 EDT 1999

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Thomas Smith wrote:

> I have a PProxy version 306 installed on a Win98 machine at
> my house.  It (according to Wintop) is using 15% of my CPU
> time.  The 304 proxy took up around 0.05% of the CPU time.
> Their configurations are the same.  Why could this be?

Probably the dupechecking code. It is added to the pproxies (as well
as the fullproxies, BTW), to reduce the load on fullproxies and
master.

If this takes too much cpu time from your computer, you can add the
ini-option "checkduplicates=0" to your [rc564] or [desII] section.
 Oh, and maybe interesting is the ini-option "logfiledups=filename"
that logs your dups.... (logfiledupsrotation to add
rotation-capabilities to that file). These are all undocumented
features, but you might want to try them But we don't recommend it.
As they are dupes, you wont get any credit for them anyway.

Ivo

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net