[PROXYPER] PProxy taking 15% CPU time

David J P Bodger davebodger at bigfoot.com
Wed May 19 21:54:41 EDT 1999

Hi Thomas, at 20:46 18/05/99 +0500, you wrote:-
>I have a PProxy version 306 installed on a Win98 machine at
>my house.  It (according to Wintop) is using 15% of my CPU
>time.  The 304 proxy took up around 0.05% of the CPU time.
>Their configurations are the same.  Why could this be?

I don't know *why* it is doing it, but I can confirm it *is* doing it -
although on my machine where I am running both the D.Net client, Pproxy 306
and the SETI client (OK, I'm a glutton for punishment) it is averaging out
around 10% - but that's still far too much.

Personally, I'm reverting to 304 until they do something about it.

All the best.

Dave.

<http://www.cix.co.uk/~lasertag/lasertag.htm>
<mailto:davebodger at bigfoot.com>