[PROXYPER] Unable to contact keyservers

carterda at rapistan.com carterda at rapistan.com
Wed May 19 17:34:17 EDT 1999

This stuff REALLY needs to be added to the readme. I've been unconnected
for about three days, but when I made the change everything started up
again. I've also mentioned this in previous postings to this group, but
this is the first time I've gotten an explanation of what was happening!

Thanks, Dave

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Richard Crow wrote:

> I have included the proxyper.ini file at the end of this message.  I am
> using port 23 to talk to the keyservers since we
> are behind a firewall.  I have tried switching over to using our proxy
> server and using http, but with the same results.

So you use need to use port 23. OK!

> proxyper.ini:
>
> [KeyServer]
> ipaddress=us.v27.distributed.net
> port=23

Then you need to use the DNS name "us23.v27.distributed.net" since
not all us.v27.distributed.net proxies can handle port 23.

See http://www.distributed.net/rc5/proxyinfo.html to see what proxies
are in what DNS.

Ivo