[PROXYPER] 306 and sneakernet

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Thu May 20 10:10:25 EDT 1999

When I saw the announcement from Jeff about this new way to calculate your
maxblocks I realised this would cause a problem to all participants who
have to do a manual feed of their proxy. I advise you to downgrade to 2.80
until you are sure they have a version that suits your needs.

Best Regards,
Gunther
-------------
Original Text
From: Peter A.M. Stijnman <stijnman at casema.net>, on 19/05/99 17:51:
To: SMTP at MASTER.PER@BELGACOM[<proxyper at lists.distributed.net>]

Hi there,

I've been running a cluster of PC's wich are networked, but without
internet connection. So I 'sneakernetted' (i.e. using floppies) the
buffer files to and from the cluster to a separate PC with internet.

I ran this since good ol' RC5-56 (remember? :-) successfully, until
recently I upgraded my perproxt from 2.80 to 3.06.

The 3.06 has a feature in wich it determines the # of buffers to fetch
for itsself. How can I get the thing to fetch me, say, 7000 buffers? I
can only get it to fetch around 1000....

Maybe an ini setting can be added in the 3.07 version?

Bye,
// Peter