[PROXYPER] 306 and sneakernet

Meij Ewout MSM AD CH ewout.meij at cibasc.com
Thu May 20 10:54:00 EDT 1999

As much as I like techno-gismo as in: automated blockrate prediction
code, flushing when fetching, I personaly am more of the old,
try-to-stay-in-control-school. The more and more this little pproxy
starts to "act on it's own" the more unconvertable I feel.

I dont' want my pproxy to fetch when ever it flushes (or the other way
around), others have *very* unregular keyrates, the next has sneakernet.
My assumption would be that people who are running pproxies should be
able to set the settings to there likings, for what ever reasons.

Programs should do what you'd *instruct* them to do and not what it
*thinks* it should do.

Would it be possible to have a switch in the ini file, say:
totalcontrol=0/1 and to have admins choice if they want to set there own
settings?

Kind regards,
Ewout