[PROXYPER] V304 and pprc5out.rc5 file

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Thu May 20 13:53:51 EDT 1999

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Schroeder, Dave wrote:

> It's kinda weird, the out buffer file will grow when it needs to, but it
> never shrinks.  so if you get a bunch of blocks the size will go up, but
> when you flush it doesn't go down, ever.  I periodically delete mine after a
> flush, and haven't had any problems so far, but you never know.
>
> Dave

Yep, 300-304 uses a sort of "file-system"-like buffer. Shrinkage of
those buffers is not implemented. These new buffers have advantages
when using really large buffers (read fullproxies), because it
doesn't have to load all buffers into mem.

But since a lot of people on this list found for a pproxy this was
overkill, Jeff reverted the buffer-code to the 28x code beginning
with version 306.

When you have flushed a 306 outbuffer it will be like 8 bytes or so.

Ivo

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net