AW: [PROXYPER] PProxy taking 15% CPU time

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Thu May 20 13:57:28 EDT 1999

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Riemann, Christian wrote:

> Hi folks,
> i've running the 306 proxy on a nt-box...and I do NOT see that the
> proxy is consuming processor powers...so maybe it happens only on win95/98
> maschines??

I think it has more to do with the type of computer you have. If you
have your pproxy running on a low 486, I can imagine getting 15%
cputime. On my p2-350 its a few %'s.

<SNIP>

> > Personally, I'm reverting to 304 until they do something about it.

Well, I already explained what you can do about it. But on the other
hand, a proxy is not a client that should only take idle time, its a
server that is not exactly optimized for resources. The few people
that actually need a proxy (or want one for stats etc) have to accept
the fact that a part of their cpu-time will go to the proxy.

Ivo

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net