AW: [PROXYPER] PProxy taking 15% CPU time

Hutchinson, Joshua N Joshua.Hutchinson at bossk.ped.gmeds.com
Fri May 21 10:02:22 EDT 1999

The intelligent buffers make sense for the average user.  But I have to say
that putting a special *cryptic* ini section in for advanced users would
make my life easier.  Where I work I have many computers contributing to the
effort (about 50-60K blocks a day).  To make matters worse, I can't get
through the firewall here at work to send blocks.  So, I have to send the
blocks home over e-mail and send them out to the main proxy servers.  Then,
I download a new set of blocks, email them back to work and restart the
perproxy at work.  It is cumbersome, true, but by having to dance around the
"intelligent" buffer settings, it creates about twice as much work for me.

Josh