[PROXYPER] problems with cascading proxys

phile phile at phile.com.au
Sun May 23 06:02:11 EDT 1999

Kai

I don't know what OS you're using, but it is my understanding
that a 304 can't connect to an upstream proxy of a lower
version. Well, at least not one in the 270 range. I suspect
your only avenue is to go for a 27x if you want to use that
particular proxy.

Other possibilities would be to get your friend to upgrade
or resign yourself to the fact that you'll have to use another
PProxy or keyserver.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net