[PROXYPER] Proxy makes/accepts no connections

Jack Beglinger jackb at magicnet.net
Sun Nov 14 08:19:24 EST 1999

> I'm wondering why my Personal Proxy doesn't accept client connections anymore since I upgraded to build 308. In addition the proxy doesn't detect dial-up  connections to my ISP.
> The proxy is running as a service on a WinNT Server 4 with SP5.
> My clients are v2.7112.444-CTR-99072212.

Was just having the same problem...

Changed to connectivity=lurkonly and connectperiod=300 also
dropped my maxkeysready=900 from 1000. becuase of a note in the
"readme" that says it the buffer size is more than 1000 the proxyper
will "play with the numbers".

jackb

=====================
here is my full ini for reference:

[KeyServer]
ipaddress=us.v27.distributed.net
port=2064
connectperiod=300
connectivity=lurkonly
;bindip=                        ; IP to talk out to keyserver from
;uuehttpmode=0
; 0=normal,1=uue,2=http,3=http+uue
; 4=socks4,5=socks5,6=gp,7=gp+uue
;httpproxy=wwwproxy.corporation.com
;httpport=8080
;httpid=

[ports]
;listenaddress=192.168.1.1      ; IP to accept clients on
port=2064
;port2=23                       ; must be root for ports < 1000
;port3=80
testport=3064
timeout=30

[console]
logfileconsole=
logfileconsolerotation=daily
consoleverbosity="general stats keyblock server client buffers
timestamp attention errlow errsevere"

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=pproxyrc5
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=300
maxkeysready=900
maxkeysdone=150
contestclosed=0

[misc]
proxymessage="HAL says: rc5des Personal Proxy!"
pidfile=rc5desproxy.pid
statusperiod=300
;logfilecompressor=logcompressor.sh
scheduledupdatetime=0