[PROXYPER] Win32 Personal Proxy (build 308) through Wingate/lurk mode doesn't work

Nils Petersen nils.petersen at psyma.com
Tue Nov 16 16:59:46 EST 1999

Hi all,

being new to RC5 and esp. the personal proxy I have these problems with the proxy:

It's running on Win95OSR2 (MSDUN1.3, WinSock2) besides Wingate 2.1d. The RC5 proxy does not detect a dialed up line that it could utilize for buffer updates.

I've tried direct connection, connection through Wingate's SOCKS5 proxy (worked fine with the clients) and connection through Wingate's http proxy (worked also fine with the clients but is much slower). Starting up the proxy when the machine is connected to the 'net updates the buffers AOK, but when the buffer runs low it doesn't connect any more.

Does anybody have any hints on making it detect the line dial-up?

I think the connection through SOCKS5 is the best approach as it can trigger dialing when the proxy is 'trying harder to connect' and being in lurk mode otherwise. What's the best config in conjunction with Wingate?
BTW: automatic internet connection by Windows application is disabled, only Wingate is able to dial up a line. I don't have any problems with other applications through Wingate's http or SOCKS5 proxies.

Many thanks for your constructive help!

Nils

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net