[PROXYPER] Win32 Personal Proxy (build 308) through Wingate/lurk mode doesn't work

Jack Beglinger jackb at magicnet.net
Tue Nov 16 21:48:54 EST 1999

> I've tried direct connection, connection through Wingate's SOCKS5 proxy (worked fine with the clients) and connection through Wingate's http proxy (worked also fine with the clients but is much slower). Starting up the proxy when the machine is connected to the 'net updates the buffers AOK, but
when the buffer runs low it doesn't connect any more.

try the following:

  connectperiod=300
  connectivity=lurkonly
  statusperiod=300
  minkeysready=300
  maxkeysready=900
  maxkeysdone=150

I had a simular problem with MSPROXY.

Another thing configure your clients to be buffer size of 0.  With this
method I find the proxy to be pushing packets even five minutes while
connected. -- almost like starting and stopping it.

jackb
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net