[PROXYPER] Can't get CSC going

David J P Bodger davebodger at bigfoot.com
Sun Nov 21 16:58:25 EST 1999

Hi Mike, at 10:21 21/11/99 -0800, you wrote:-
>I have the 311 personal proxy running and have CSC buffered:
>11/21/99 18:15:45,csc r=1058/1000, d=0/30, 0.0 Mkeys/sec, tot=0
>11/21/99 18:15:45,Status: csc: Last uplink sent 0 and received 0
>I have RC5DES v2.7112.444-CTR-99072212 client for Win32 (WindowsNT 4.0)
>client running.
>I have the following contest priority:
>[misc]
>project-priority=CSC,RC5,DES,OGR
>Yet it continues to crunch RC5 only.
>Ideas?

Yes, I have just updated all my systems with the new 446 client talking to
a 311 proxy on my main machine and have noticed that, when first started,
the clients clear out the last couple of RC5 blocks from their internal
buffers before commencing with CSC.
i.e. When first started they start processing the #1 RC5 block that is at
the top of the old buffer files.
When that is finished they start on the next block #2 (still a RC5 block).
Then they do a flush/fetch and get some CSC blocks.
When the #2 RC5 block completes they start to process a CSC block that they
fetched last time.
The 2 block start-up delay may be what you are experiencing.
I run my clients with buffers set to 1:1, so I don't know if a greater
delay is incurred if you use bigger buffers in the clients.
Hopefully you just need to wait a little and it will kick into life
eventually. :-)

>I have begun to rewrite PProxyMon for proxyper v.311.  It will take a
>while, my original source code is on another computer and the operator is
>sick right now so I am starting from scratch.  This may be a god thing.  I
>will announce when I have something reasonable enough to test.

Thanks Mike, I have been using your PProxyMon for the last 4 months and it
is a very useful utility, I look forward to the new version.

All the best.

Dave.

<http://www.cix.co.uk/~lasertag/lasertag.htm>
<mailto:davebodger at bigfoot.com>