[PROXYPER] Concept change in D.Net code ?

Mike Morrow mike at micratek.com
Sun Nov 21 14:22:30 EST 1999

Thanks for that explanation.  Always nice to get the official answer.

Mike

At 02:21 PM 11/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We have such a user base that uses rc5des.exe that we have the new client
>look for rc5des.ini if dnetc.ini does not exist.  You can rename rc5des.ini
>if you want to dnetc.ini it will not break anything, you can also have both
>rc5des.ini and dnetc.ini and the client will read the dnetc.ini.
>
>This was done to help transition client installs as easily as possible.
>Also, you can name the client rc5des.exe if you still want to use it.  Say
>you have install scripts of your own or updater scripts that you don't want
>to change just yet.
>
>Just a little info.
>Paul
>

> > I just installed the latest client capable of CSC.  This is a
> > break from a
> > long standing concept from D.Net.  For the first time, the .ini file name
> > does not match the .exe name.
> >
> > Is this intentional?  I depend on this in the personal proxy as a way to
> > find the .ini file (leading to the log files) and was considering
> > using it
> > in a follow-on tool for the clients.  But now it becomes more difficult
> > since they no longer match.
> >
> > The default action is for dnetc.exe to use rc5des.ini.  I did not try
> > renaming the .ini file.  It might find it but few would do this.
> > The mold
> > is already broken, I hope that concept change does not follow
> > along to the
> > personal proxy.
> >

>Paul Gentle
>"Moose"
>moose at distributed.net
>
>--

     _/      _/   _/   _/  _/    _/_/_/   From the computer room of:
    _/_/  _/_/   _/   _/ _/     _/       Mike/W5MDM (was AB6NN)
   _/ _/_/ _/   _/   _/_/      _/_/     Mike at MicraTek.com
  _/  _/  _/   _/   _/  _/    _/       38°04'43.7"N, 122°12'20.5"W
_/      _/   _/   _/    _/  _/_/_/   310 feet elevation, MSL
AOL/IM: W5MDM -- ICQ: 5056515  Homepage: http://www.micratek.com
The legal system is the dark shadow of justice.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net