[PROXYPER] New Proxy's

dan the person motion at es.co.nz
Tue Nov 23 00:22:33 EST 1999

"GUYOMARCH Rémi" wrote:

> proxyper311-linux-sparc-glibc2.tar.gz is *not* an UltraLinux binary.
> It was compiled on a RH 5.2 Sparc box.
> I don't know if it works at all on UltraLinux.

Well, UltraLinux is supposed to refer to both sparc(32) and sparc64 linux ports,
due to trademark problems with the sparc(32) ports old name of SPARCLinux.

www.ultralinux.org:

> UltraLinux is the name given to the port of Linux the SPARCTM family of processors most commonly found in SunTM workstations and clones. The port
> has been developed over the past few years and is currently very stable. It supports most workstations including the older 32bit SPARC processors
> and the newer 64bit UltraSPARC based workstations.

But i'm just being a pendatic prick, please shoot me now.

Now for somethign useful.  I believe sparc64 linux will run binaries compiled on
sparc(32) without any problem.  All the binary rpms on redhat 6.0/SPARC are
identical for both sparc and sparc64 except for the kernels.