[PROXYPER] v311 linux libc5 and libstdc++

Henning Eiben eiben at weite-welt.com
Sat Nov 20 12:35:57 EST 1999

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 11:38:44AM +0100 Knut Pfefferkorn wrote:

> Date: Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 11:38:44AM +0100
> From: Knut Pfefferkorn <Knut.Pfefferkorn at KeyWarrior.net>
> To: To proxyper at lists.distributed.net
> Subject: [PROXYPER] v311 linux libc5 and l
> Hello all!
>
> the new 311 Linux-libc5 perproxy requires libstdc++.so.2.9
> But I cannot get this library. There are only versions linked against
> libc6 :-(
>
> Does anyone have libstdc++.so.2.9 wich will work with libc5?
>
> Or could the coders release a perproxy linked against
> libstdc++.so.2.7?

Well, I had the same prob ... and then I discovered that there is a static
version available (on the website as well as on the ftp-server, but the
version on the website is only linked to the .asc file :((( ) ... that
should work, although the name resolution doesn't work, so you might have to
use ip-addresses :)

--
Henning Eiben                                  send "get-pgp-key" for PGP-key
eiben at weite-welt.com
     Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers!
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net