[PROXYPER] New 8002 Client help needed

DHSinclair dx7 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 11:13:25 EST 1999

Mike / Knut / Oyvind,
  Thank you for the suggestions to 'configure' the client from a DOS window
or from the DOS command line. I will try this using the -configure command
line of the Run switch.

  I have also uninstalled the 'self-installer' version (no DOS command set
or screen-saver), and will now try the 'zipped' version (w/screen-saver and
DOS command set).

  Having said this, it seems that this 8002.466 client seems to be a return
to the crude clients of old. I understand that it is new C code, but I do
hope this client matures soon. I may have to return to my previous clients
and v280 proxy and just forgo processing the CSC contest.

  I've also noticed after 8 hours of testing the v311 proxy, that it did not
record (or buffer) any of the client's work at all over night. When I
reconnected to the net, there was nothing to flush! I have more
investigation to do on this one! Very strange.

thanks,
Duncan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net