[PROXYPER] Connectivity options

DHSinclair dx7 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 14:57:45 EST 1999

Rick,
  How did you get your perproxy to answer your clients using the /lurkonly/
parameter? Are there other subtle parameters I'm not using that affect this
parameter?
  I choose to use /lurkonly/ initially (based on its' description) because I
did not want the proxy forcing a dialup event. I found that /lurkonly/ also
caused the proxy to start but never acknowledge the clients. It just sat
there and generated empty log entries. I did not try the /lurk/ setting, but
as soon as I set it to /normal/, the proxy immediately recognized the 4
clients and began shuttling keyblocks back and forth. It has been running
this way now for some 50 hours.
  So far, the proxy has not yet initiated a dialup event, but I've been
monitoring key traffic trying to refine my buffer needs, and have been using
the manual flush command. Over the coming weekend, I'll let the proxy go to
trigger levels and see what happens.
Duncan