[PROXYPER] Connectivity options

Rick Martin rick at housemartin.free-online.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 10:53:50 EST 1999

DHSinclair wrote:

> Rick,
>   How did you get your perproxy to answer your clients using the /lurkonly/
> parameter? Are there other subtle parameters I'm not using that affect this
> parameter?

No, I use /lurkonly/ to stop the proxy dialling up to connect to the
main proxies, same as you do.  Some of the meaning must have been lost
in the message routing between my brain, via my fingers, keyboard and
your screen, to your brain :)

Interestingly, starting my personal proxy while dialled up has fewer
problems than starting it while offline.  I might be imagining it, of
course, but try it and see if you get the same result.
    Rick

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net