[PROXYPER] Connectivity options

DHSinclair dx7 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 10:06:24 EST 1999

Rick,
  Don't think I missed anything. I can not use /lurkonly/ for some reason.
If used, my proxy will not communicate with the clients at all. I am using
/normal/. Strangely, my proxy does not force a dialup connection that I've
noticed. But, my proxy has not been allowed to reach either my rc5 or csc
threshold yet. This test is next (in process).
  Yes, I have always noticed that proxy startup is different if the dialup
connection is already made. The proxy starts right up without pause. If the
dialup connection is not active when the proxy is started,
a)the proxy tags DUN to open a connection (which can be canceled), or
b)the proxy pauses for 2 sec. and then completes its' initialization without
the connection being made.
thanks,
Duncan