[PROXYPER] Win32 Personal Proxy (build 308) through Wingate/lurk mode doesn't work

Thomas Kurz thomas.kurz at unileoben.ac.at
Mon Nov 29 16:40:48 EST 1999

Hi Nils!

Im running a proxyper v311 over Wingate 3.0. This works fine and fast,
because im using a TCP Mapping Service in Wingate on Port 2065 that
connects the internal Port 2065 to the external keyserver.
As keyserver i use
Europe -- euro.v27.distributed.net
on port 2064 which is one of the round-robin servers from
distributed.net as described in the help file. Others are
US -- rc5proxy.distributed.net
Asia -- asia.v27.distributed.net
Australia -- aussie.v27.distributed.net

So just install a new Wingate TCP Mapping service and connect it to
internal Port 2064 and whatever keyserver you like.

Then Change the keyserver in the proxyper.ini to the Wingate machine. In
my case:

[KeyServer]
ipaddress=192.168.0.1
port=2065
connectivity=normal

The internal Port 2064 still belongs to the proxyper so you dont have to
change the client configuration.
The connectivity can be set to normal so the perproxy can connect to the
internet whenever its necessery, so you better choose your maxkeysdone
and minkeysready setting to values so that the proxy only has to connect
once or twice per day!
This works really fine and with Wingate as dialer the connection is
closed automtically after finishing the connection.
Just dont choose the connectperiod too low because if there's a problem
with the keyserver you will get multiple dial ups. But this didnt happen
to me since i did choose one of the round-robin servers!

cu, Shorty

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net