[PROXYPER] Purging old proxy logs

Matt madmatt at bits.bris.ac.uk
Thu Dec 14 23:09:20 EST 2000

Now that I've upgraded to proxy build 319 I decided to make use of the
logfilepurgeage option to get rid of the old proxyYYYYMMDD.log files, but
it doesn't seem to do anything when the daily rotation occurs.

The snippet from my proxyper.ini file is:

[console]
logfileconsole=/var/log/distributed.net/proxy/proxy
logfileconsolerotation=daily
consoleverbosity="general stats keyblock server client buffers timestamp
attention errlow errsevere"
timestampflags=129
logfilepurgeage=1

I've tried "not" compressing the proxy logs and that doesn't make any
difference either so atm, I'm just removing all proxy*.log.bz2 files via a
cron job.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt