[PROXYPER] Version 313?

DHS dx7 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 13:23:04 EST 2000

Yes, the Version 313 PerProxy is a very good improvement. I am particularly
pleased with the expanded parameter explanation in the readme.txt file.
Several of my concerns have been answered.

I do have a question. I have read several times the section explaining the
"connectivity" of the PProxy:
connectivity=x    ;x=Normal, Lurk, LurkOnly

Is this parameter dealing with connectivity between the:
a)Client and PProxy?
b)PProxy and KeyServer (via dial-up, ISP, and web)?

The explanation seems to suggest b), but whenever I select "Lurk" all
communication between the Clients and the PProxy terminates and the Clients
indicate network errors in the console log view. (no mention of network
error appears in the Client's log file.) All Clients are set for operation
on a "private network."

The "Normal" selection is the only choice that allows communication between
the PProxy and the Clients. Three of the Clients are version 2.8005.455. One
Client is version 2.8004.450.

Possibly contributing factors:
--Black Ice Defender runs on the same machine as the PProxy and one Client.
--The Clients do not use the "behind a firewall" settings. (?)
--All machines have TCP/IP running, but unbound from the NIC's.
--NetBIOS is defeated.
--The NIC's are bound to NetBEUI to allow local printer and file sharing.
--All machines run M$ W95 OSR2.1 (no USB)

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Duncan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net