[PROXYPER] Version 313?

DHS dx7 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 16:54:57 EST 2000

Thanks Jeff,
   You have brightened half of the mystery. Yes, I did notice that this
parameter is in the [keyserver] section, but I raised the query on the
belief that something subtle might be going on. Maybe not and I need to look
elsewhere.

   I sent no proxy console log entries, because when the clients declare a
"network error with the proxy", and the proxy is running in the "lurk" mode,
the msg syntax is displayed only on the client's live console. Nothing is
written to the client's log file. Only way I have to show this would be a
screen capture when the error happens with the proxy set to extreme
verbosity (statusperiod=</=30). My normal status period value is 600.

   Yes, I agree that if the proxy is key-depleted, the clients should act
much the same way. And, they do when I allow the proxy to go much beyond 24
hours without cycling my proxies buffers. In this case, however, the proxy
is quite full of fresh work to pass out, but simply does not communicate
when the client comes to transact business. The behavior did not seem to
make any sense. For now, only a Local selection is fully operational. But,
I'll look further.

Thanks again,
Duncan