[PROXYPER] Version 313? Again

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Sat Feb 12 21:36:01 EST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, DHS wrote:

> v313 perprox.ini parameter:
>
> timestampflags=129  ; 129=utc-2, 1=lt-2, 130=utc-4, 2=lt-4
>
> There appears to be a disconnect between the readme.txt file and the choices
> given for this argument.

The examples provided within the INI are correct.  However, the list
provided within the INI is not an exhaustive list of all combinations
available.

1            Local time, 2 digit year
2            Local time, 4 digit year
3            Local time, no year
1+128        UTC time, 2 digit year
2+128        UTC time, 4 digit year
3+128        UTC time, no year
1+64+128     UTC time, with label, 2 digit year   (old style mode)
2+64+128     UTC time, with label, 4 digit year
3+64+128     UTC time, with label, no year

> 1=local time in a format style 2 (new style)
> 2=local time in format style 4 (?)
>         what does '4' equate to? Formats given are 1, 2, 3. Miss-print
> maybe?

4 does not exist.  Please note that that the timestampflags parameter is
the combination of two flags (64 or 128) plus one of the exclusive mode
options (1 or 2 or 3).  The modes are not bitmasks, and as such only one
may be picked at any time.  That is why "3" is listed as a distinct
option, and does not represent the combination of "1" with "2".

> 129=utc in a format style 2 (new style)
> 130=utc in format style 4 (?)
>         what does '4' equate to? Formats given are 1, 2, 3. Miss-print
> maybe?
> 193=same format style as pre-313 proxies.
>

> Then, when will we get this time localization display and reporting for the
> Clients?

There are no plans to integrate such functionality into the client.

> Just started the 2.8007.458 client (for upcoming ogr contest). It is exactly
> 1 hour behind
> and displaying in UTC. Pre-7458 clients all display and report UTC.

The client has always displayed its timestamps in the yearless UTC format,
and has no option to modify that behavior.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/
Jeffrey_Lawson at alumni.hmc.edu  jlawson at bovine.net  bovine at distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net