[PROXYPER] Options for version 314?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Sun Feb 13 18:22:10 EST 2000

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Meij Ewout MSM AD CH wrote:

> Then there are still two things that I would like really badly:
>
> . Have the pproxy accept finished blocks from clients even if the pproxy has
> no more keys to hand out.

This is a design choice within the client, not of the proxy.  The
reasoning is that if a proxy does not have blocks, it is probably not
connecting to the outside world properly (possibly a situation that may
not be corrected for a long time if you're using a personal proxy
maintained by someone else).  Therefore it might be preferable to hold the
blocks and not submit them until the client happens to select another
proxy (perhaps a round-robin DNS) or the user chooses to repoint the
client at a working proxy.

Please see http://www.distributed.net/~bovine/fom/index.cgi?file=132

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/