[PROXYPER] OGR

Mark Hill HillMW at august-systems.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 16:57:46 EST 2000

On 15 Feb 00, at 16:04, Craig Humphrey wrote:

> Though they are a little unreliable in switching over.
> I found two of my NT (build 458) clients suddenly found that the master
> proxy they were trying to use seemed to have disappeared and rather than
> trying another server (there's only one euro80 now!) just carried on
> RC5ing.  I had to config them to use another proxy.  Though my Solaris
> client (admittedly running in a different country, though still europe)
> was quite happy to kick over...

_Every_ single PC we installed 458 or 458b (for NT) on immediately
stopped flushing completed blocks to the pproxy when the flush
threshold was exceeded. So we backed them out to 455 until a working
client arrives.

On the one PC (dual PII 300) I tried OGR on this morning, it took
over an hour to reach 4% of one block. To get any useful info from
our pproxy logs, we need blocks returned much much sooner than that.

> "Jim C. Nasby" wrote:
> >
> > For what it's worth, it isn't necessary to watch or intervene with your
> > 'herd' when we do a contest change. The clients are designed to be
> > self-reliant, and will switch on their own, assuming that they support
> > the new contest. But you probably already know this. }:8)

Excluding the lemon that hung when CSC ended...

--
Mark Hill, Software Engineer
#include <std\disclaimer.h>
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net