[PROXYPER] statically linked proxy, grrr.

Donald J Bindner dbindner at vh224401.truman.edu
Thu Feb 17 07:10:57 EST 2000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 12:08:55AM -0400, Peter Cordes wrote:

>  When will there be a dynamically linked v313 proxy for x86 Linux, GNU libc
> 2.1?

>  Is the proxy statically linked because of previous problems with libraries?

I in general have had the experience that all of the _statically_
linked binaries have been unable to do name lookups (regardless
of the C library they target).  I have to enter a numeric IP
address.

So your assessment that this is a little awkward is right on the
money.

I have had this experience with the clients as well.  On both a
Debian (potato) system and a RedHat based system.  Switching to
an appropriate dynamically linked client has solved this each
time.

Don

--
Don Bindner <dbindner at truman.edu>