[PROXYPER] OGR

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Fri Feb 18 05:58:50 EST 2000

On 18 Feb 2000, Petr Novotny wrote:
> On 18 Feb 00, at 3:57, Jeff Lawson wrote:
>
> > If you are asking how to prevent your personal proxy from retrieving
> > OGR blocks, and indicating open contest participation to your clients,
> > then there is currently no way to do this.
>
> Would not setting "contestclosed=0" in the right INI section help? I
> haven't tried but I heard that; on top of that, the clients will also
> delete their OGR buffers upon hearing this, won't they?

Yes, but the proxy will reopen the contest as soon as it reconnects to the
distributed.net keyservers.  There's of course nothing preventing you from
manually setting it back to 0 again.  This may be a viable option if you
set your connectivity mode to offline.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/
Jeffrey_Lawson at alumni.hmc.edu  jlawson at bovine.net  bovine at distributed.net