[PROXYPER] Auto buffer sizes

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Feb 29 19:11:12 EST 2000

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 09:55:01AM -0800, Isaac wrote:
> I am having similar problems with my proxy 313 (win32).  My home network
> does between 700 to 850 blocks a day (depending on game time), and I can't
> get the proxyper to hold more than a thousand blocks when I want to go away
> for a few days.  I tried setting maxbufferdays=4, and and it will still
> only read 1000 blocks.  My RC5 settings are minkeysready=750,
> maxkeysready=1100.

 So schedule a dialin at 5:00 am every morning, or every other morning.
If this would be a big waste of money, maybe you could have your computer
check for email at the same time, etc. so you would make good use of the
connection.  I have cable now, but I had my (linux) machine dialing in every
night to keep rc5 going.  (I used cron + pppd call peer + killall pppd or
something like that.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/