[PROXYPER] more than 1 Porxy in the .ini file?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Wed Mar 1 11:52:06 EST 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Thomas Drebert wrote:

> I run the Proxy V313 on Windows NT 4.0 Sp5.
> Can i put more than one Porxy in the proxy.ini file?
> So the Porxy change if one Failure.

Not currently, although this is planned as a future enhancement.  In any
case, it is highly recommended that you use the DNS records that we have
in place, such as us.v27.distributed.net or euro.v27.distributed.net.
Those records are ensured to have at least several servers available in
them so your proxy will be able to rotate among all that there in case one
is unreachable.  Of course, if you are unable to do DNS resolutions, your
options are limited.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/
Jeffrey_Lawson at alumni.hmc.edu  jlawson at bovine.net  bovine at distributed.net