[PROXYPER] Proxy connection :Unable to send request

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Thu Mar 9 19:44:58 EST 2000

The terminology "hostname" is referenced in the configuration, but an IP
address is equally acceptable.  If an IP address is supplied, it will be
used directly and no name resolution process will need to be done by the
proxy to resolve it.

If you are running a personal proxy on the same machine as the client, you
can typically configure your client to connect to the hostname
"localhost", as DHS points out.

That won't work in the case where you have configured your personal proxy
to bind its listener to a specific IP address, and NOT "" (blank) NOR
"0.0.0.0", which tells it to bind to all interfaces (including the
localhost interface).