[PROXYPER] Proxy connection :Unable to send request

DHS dx7 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 20:08:27 EST 2000

Jeff,
  Thank you. I gather that I am running OK using an IP addy.
  Your 3d paragraph leads me to believe that there is an entire universe of
network knowledge I just do not have a clue about. Sheesh.
  If I direct my 'local' client to connect to the hostname "localhost", do I
need to assign this machines nic 'name' as "localhost"? Or, is this just
internal specifics, and, the 'local' Client will find the PerProxy just fine
without bother the W95 Network settings I've established?
  The above questions may be rhetorical; when I updated the 'local' Client
to use "localhost", it immediately declared Network errors (unable to
communicate) when trying to get to the PerProxy on the same machine. Also,
ZoneAlarm2.0 asked if it was OK for distributednet.net to contact the
internet. Odd. But, these days, nothing surprises me. One step forward, one
more millennium behind.......
Sorry to be so dense......
Duncan