[PROXYPER] Win9x

Mike Morrow mike at micratek.com
Tue Mar 21 15:16:24 EST 2000

> >I'll always think it's a bug). When connect mode sets to "normal" client is
> >not use "flush-workunit-threshold" at all. Try this:
>It's a bug. The flush threshold uses the value of the fetch threshold
>currently. This will be corrected in the next release.

That's not it, either.  I set:

[rc5]
preferred-blocksize=32
fetch-workunit-threshold=1
flush-workunit-threshold=1

and it still does not send in.

I think I overlayed whatever I had with this new one.  I hope a new release
comes out quickly.

Does no one even run a short block though this stuff to see if it works
before release????  I could certainly test Win32/NT4 and Win2K sending to a
perproxy.  That would not be difficult to do and might save others the
problems.  I would only need early access to the proposed release.  It
seems this configuration is not currently being tested much or at all.

If there is no testing going on, I would expect that lots of folks will
quickly decide that this is not worth the trouble for, essentially, no reward.

Mike Morrow

-
     _/      _/   _/   _/  _/    _/_/_/   From the computer room of:
    _/_/  _/_/   _/   _/ _/     _/       Mike/W5MDM (was AB6NN)
   _/ _/_/ _/   _/   _/_/      _/_/     Mike at MicraTek.com
  _/  _/  _/   _/   _/  _/    _/       34°10'35.8"N, 94°16'47.6"W
_/      _/   _/   _/    _/  _/_/_/   808.8 feet elevation, MSL
AOL/IM: W5MDM -- ICQ: 5056515  Homepage: http://www.micratek.com
The legal system is the dark shadow of justice.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net