[PROXYPER] Nobody@some.ip.address pproxy stats problem

Andre Schulze as8 at Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jun 22 09:28:07 EDT 2001

Am Don den 21 Jun 2001 um 10:26:47 -0400 schrieb Quay, Jonathan (BHR):
> We of Ars Technica Team Beef Roast are running a pproxy round robin for the
> benefit of our team.  We have noticed on our pproxy stats, like here:
> http://gti.2y.net/~nate/pproxy/byemail.html and here:
> http://24.3.104.154:8888/public/tbr/rc5/stats/byemail.html that some of our
> member's blocks are showing up as "Nobody@[their.ip.address]".  This is
> happening to me personally, and the ip address corresponds to a windows 98
> machine.  Does anybody know what causes this?  The blocks do not seem to

It can also happen to other boxen (Solaris etc.). Our team had also
have such blocks but the owner of the box was claiming to have
configured the client as it should.

> count towards the user's real total as reported by dnet.

Proxy:
andre at inspiron:/usr/local/proxyper> strings proxyper | grep nobody
nobody@[%s]

Client:
andre at inspiron:/usr/local/bin> strings dnetc | grep nobody
Exit 1

Seen this we can assume the proxy is mapping to this address if it
doesn't get a address for some block.
Could a pproxy developer confirm this? However it is still to be
answered which causes the block to have no address in it... .

	andre
--
"Die deutsche Sprache muss clean bleiben!"