[PROXYPER] Remote buffers

David Bolt rc5-5 at my-ste.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 20:06:10 EST 2001

 On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Peter Cordes <peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:-

>On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 06:22:36AM -0800, Shawn Tayler wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> IS there a way to get the PerProxy to use in and outout buffer files
>> that may be located on remote or other  drive locations?  As an
>> example, my Proxyper is in /pproxy  but tI'd like the pprc5in and out
>> files to be located in /win98/pproxy so that as I boot back and forth,
>> the ProxyPer can restart in the appropriate OS and take off from where
>> is was in the previous OS.....
>
> Make a symbolic link from the buffer files in your linux directory to the
>win98 one.  (see the man page for  ln  if you don't know what this is about.)

 Or mount the windows partition and set the path in the .ini file. You'll
 need to mount the windows partition at start-up. This is how I had my
 Linux/Windows system arranged until I put the proxy on one of my
 Linux-only systems.

Regards,
   David Bolt

--
A3010 4Mb RAM. RiscOS 3.11                 |Member of the RC5 Team Acorn
AMD Duron/650 160Mb RAM. Win98 & SuSE 7.0  |cracking keys at 4.8Mkeys/sec
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net