[PROXYPER] Networked Proxy Question

R J Booysen rjb-dis at iafrica.com
Sun May 27 14:19:11 EDT 2001

This is a theoritical question as I have not put it to the test yet.
I am going to have a 98 machine connected to a dial up internet connection.  Another machine running Win 2000 will have the proxy running as this is the only way I can have the proxy running as a service properly.
Now for the question.
Will the proxy detect the Internet connection when I connect on the 98 machine.  I am running Winroute Professional to let my 2000 machine connect to the network.  I am not running the Winroute Proxy but I am using NAT.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
R.Booysen
Team - Cow Killers
PGP fingerprint: B745 9B8F 8A23 CE5A EF78  6B84 1B00 091E DB40 A2E7
PGP encrypted mail welcome, public key (Diffie-Hellman) on request