[PROXYPER] Proxyper accepting duplicate blocks.

Paul V. Piescik piescikp at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 13 10:36:48 EST 2002

It has the capability of dupe-checking, which is also done on the
fullservers.

>From manual.html:

CONFIGURATION: Dupechecking
The proxy now does limited timespan dupechecking, to reduce the network-load
of upstream servers a little bit. It works as follows:

A block is submitted, first it is looked up in the dupe-history queue. If it
is found there, it's a triple dupe. Just increment the dupe-number (so it
says: "block xx, 3 dupes" in the logs)

If it's not found in the dupe-history, look it up in the "block-history"
(explained later). If so, it a double dupe, log it as "block xx, 2 dupes".
Remove it from the block-history-queue en put it in the dupe-history-queue.

If it's not found in the block-history, it's not a dupe. Add it to the
"block-history", so we can compare subsequent blocks to it.

This dupechecking can be turned off with a ini-option: Set
[rc572]/checkduplicates or [desII]/checkduplicates] to 0 (zero) and this
mechanism will be disabled. Note that this is not useful at all, since the
fullproxies (or the keymaster) will filter them out eventually anyway!