[PROXYPER] proxies down or what?

Tom Laermans tom.laermans at powersource.cx
Tue Mar 12 11:48:38 EST 2002

At 09:59 12/03/2002, you wrote:

> > it hasn't been choosing another... if it had been, i wouldn't have had
> > 4000+ keys waiting in the out queue...
>
>You could post your complete .ini file to let us look.
>Besides this, have you or the sysadmin installed any firewall rules
>relating to port 2064 ?

It is my experience that when dealing with round-robin, once a program (at
least dnetc & proxyper & internet explorer) has received an IP address from
the dns server it will keep on using that same ip for as long that it is
running, even when dealing with roundrobin addresses.

Ofcourse, this is required for websites, since session id's don't work when
continuously switching webservers...

Tom

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net