[PROXYPER] proxies down or what?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Tue Mar 12 09:28:08 EST 2002

the ini hasn't changed in over 3 years... this situation happened
recently and i only just noticed it as i was cleaning out the client
mailboxes of logs... when they were all reporting loading random blocks
because the proxy was out of keys, that's when i went looking... after
20 minutes, i was able to determine that i wasn't getting any other
addresses for us.v27.distributed.net than whatever the one was it had...
even CTRL-C forcing a ini reload and proxy connect didn't get a new ip
for it... this is perproxy 313 for OS/2... i note that others are up to
319... it would be nice to see the OS/2 one, at least, brought up to the
319 version... even if it requires something like taking the/a *nix one
and compiling it against EMX...

no, no one has done anything WRT firewalls... i'm my sysadmin and my ISP
won't put in a systemwide firewall because that opens him up to
liabilities if something does get thru the firewall...